FERPA : ETHICS COURSE: 3 CEUs
A comprehensive review of the Family Education Rights and Protection Act (FERPA)
This course is designed to further the ethical knowledge of BCBAs, particularly those working in the school systems, by providing comprehensive information about the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
Participants are eligible for 3 CEUs, fulfilling the Ethics requirements by the BACB.
This course will review:
- What FERPA entails.
- Which schools and students are protected by FERPA, and how this determination is made.
- Which documents are protected by FERPA.
- How consent is determined, and whose responsibility it is to ensure that a consent agreement be given.
- How to ensure data security of protected information.
- What your professional and ethical responsibilities are.
Upon completion of this course, participants will also have created meaningful action plans which they can utilize in their practice relating to data security and legal protection.
As a Special Educator and Board Certified Behavior Analyst, I am dedicated to training individuals who work with kids who have been diagnosed with Autism.